Casual Tile Showroom Salesperson
- Employment Type:
Do you have proven sales experience in a retail tile showroom? Do you have a strong work ethic, good organisational skills, high standards and enjoy helping people find the right tiles? Do you have excellent communication skills, a flair for colours and the ability to deliver a premium customer service experience?
The Tile Mob at MITCHELTON is looking to create 1 Casual Showroom Sales position for a truly impressive candidate to join our existing professional sales team.
- General Description:
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in an environment offering:
- State-of-the-art Windows-based software systems including: stock & order tracking, instant retrieval of historical customer records, full electronic communications.
- A fantastic mix of products displayed in our boutique-style showroom including: quality wall & floor tiles, stone, mosaics, slate tiles & terracotta – imported directly by our company and/or sourced through our extensive network of Australian suppliers.
- Direct control over your own orders, including any required inward purchases & final delivery to site.
- A small, skilled team of career-minded colleagues with industry experience ranging from 7-25 years.
- Direct access to supportive senior management who are in attendance 100% of opening hours.
- All operations supported by an efficiently-run warehouse with industry-leading stock control, accuracy & order-supply response times.
- A culture of staff consultation where ideas to improve our company are encouraged & welcomed.
- An independent trader/single-branch operation where decisions are made & implemented swiftly without needing to refer back to a head office for approval.
- Close proximity to public transport with the Mitchelton bus/rail interchange less than a 5 minute walk.
- A proud history of stability & service from the same location in Mitchelton since 1976.
The successful candidate will undertake functions including:
- Visit the Tile Mob Welcoming customers into our showroom and assisting them to select tiles and related materials for their building projects.
- Visit the Tile Mob Handling of telephone & internet enquiries.
- Visit the Tile Mob Product quantity estimation from technical drawings.
- Visit the Tile Mob Price quoting & negotiation.
- Visit the Tile Mob Cash & receipts handling, invoicing, purchase order entry.
- Visit the Tile Mob Arranging delivery of goods to customers.
- Visit the Tile Mob General showroom presentation upkeep, display maintenance.
Strong candidates for this position will have at least three (3) years of recent tile showroom sales experience or equivalent wholesale tile experience. A basic understanding of PCs running Microsoft Windows is necessary.
An unrestricted car licence is also required.
By negotiation. Package negotiated will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skill set.
If you believe that through your previous experience in tiles you have something to offer our company, we would be most interested in talking about what we can offer you. Confidential enquiries can be made via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Sean on 0412 196 115.